Top News

Secret Ways You Should Know about Google


     We all now know what Google is we probably use it , as a verb I Google this at Google that I'm going to Google . Google is awesome and I want to show you some things I don't know if many of you are aware of that , you can do with Google some other ways , you can search some really unique searching techniques that Google offers , that most people are just stuck with looking at the page .


Secret Ways About Google

1- Google Maps .

 


The first one I have for you is Google Maps , this is pretty popular most people . right now know what Google Maps is maps.google.com , you should see something like this here well yeah , you can sit and search for distances from A to B you know plot , and get directions to this place to that place or see different locations are on the map , but what I like to do is you can simply just type in like an area code , and food or area code .

Wherever I'm at I could say okay these are I want to go here , and you can click on eat any of these , you can see those phone information . right here you can click on it like Chili's chili bar I can click on this , go over the menu see what I want make the phone call .

2- Google Books .



The next method I have for you is Google Books , and this is books google.com . Now I don't know how many are aware that Google has been archiving a lot of books , and a lot of magazines my favorite is using Google books for their magazines , because they are literally indexing and archiving . So many magazines you can search me not only can you see them , but you can search like paragraphs or sentences or whatever you're looking for .

In these magazines if you just scroll , you can see some of the magazines that we have here's Popular Mechanics . I can click on it and this is December 1989 , so I can go browse all issues over here on the top left , I just clicked on and look at this this is Popular Mechanics browsing all issues , they have index all the way back to 1900 a popular mechanics issues .So let's just for instance I'm gonna go back to browse all issues .

3- Google Sets . 

 





The next one I have for you is Google sets , what this is it you can give it a couple different terms , and it's going to try to predict what other terms will be in a set , or whatever type of grouping . so if you did like music different musician groups , you could do something like def leppard MMB journey . you can see we're kind of going with the hair bands of the 80's . 

So maybe you're looking for a long list of something , and you can only think of two or three terms . you want to think of some other ones that go in terms . well here you go this is labs that Google comm Forge last sets type in two or three of them , and you can actually get a whole bunch more predicted for you . So that's the third different way you can search with Google besides the basic .

4- Google squared .




The next one I have for you this one is really neat this one's called Google squared . Google comm four is less squared , takes you to something like this , if we search something like hockey teams . I'll square it it's going to pull up a bunch of hockey teams , and then what it's going to do is it's going to try find out only the names , the image , maybe a description of it .

Conference division founded that kind of stuff , another thing too is you can add more columns . so look at here's some other options that they give you . so if I want to see for instance the captain of all these teams , you do captain and there you go .

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post